Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

I Miss You Mom..By Laura Said

Deep in the night when I lie in my bed
wondering at shadows up over my head
and I pull those soft white sheets to my eyes
and I whisper to God and ask why?
But when I ask why and my eyes start to cry
and I feel so sad that I think I might die,
as I slip into dreams of what was before….

Never would have imagined the end would be like this,
me comforting you.
Holding your hand, telling you not to worry was not an easy thing for me to do.
I wasn't ready to let you go.
Even though I'm told that it was your time.
I can't get that through my mind. I wasn't ready to let you go.
It wasn't meant to be that way.
No! I scream, this can not be, this can not be happening
I cry, I beg you to stay.
This cannot be happening this way.
Mom, will the tears ever dry?
I ask this as I wipe my eyes.
I'm told in time, but I don't think so.
I wasn't ready to let you go..

I call out your name -- you never answer ,
And I look for you in every familiar spot.
Everything seems so strange and surreal,
I ask everyday is it a dream or real?
Why is she gone and why did she go?
Where are you now and are you free from all your pain?
Should I be feeling guilty, was there something I didn't do?
Did I not do enough to show all the love I had inside for you?
Should I be happy you’re free of pain and sorrow?I want to know and I want God to show
me a reason.
So pray as fast as I can.
But unanswered prayers are a part of the Plan.

There's a million questions that I have inside,
And a million more that keep coming to mind,
All the questions, I guess they'll grow to more,

You have always been there through the thick and the thin
No matter what I've done, unconditionally you love me
I didn't want to live without you,
I would have given anything to have you back,
But I know now that it was meant to be,

I miss you more than these words could ever say
The pain in my heart is from one unimaginable day…
After I cried all that I could; my eyes still shed countless more tears
And when I try to sleep, I have nightmares of ten-thousand fears
It has been almost Forty days that we lost you
I look down at your name on a cold hard stone
It tells nothing of the wonderful person you were,
And only serves to remind me of the painful loss I endure and a shattered heart…
Mom…
I miss your sweet, shy smile, your warm hugs, your laughter and your kind, loving ways.
May Your soul Rest In Peace, May God Bless You..
I Love You For 36 Years and I will Love You A thousand More Years...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...